View Single Post
Old
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Kovy274Hart

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
So why exactly are they waiting on the whole Zherdev arbitration anyways?

I mean if they sign Z they are not over the cap. I get that but they are allowed to go over and everyone knows they want to sign Dubinsky.

The only thing that makes sense is if they sign Z to a deal closer to what the want and then say to Dubinsky listen take this one year deal and next year we will make it good.

I doubt that works but who knows what Sather is thinking. Good thing is this will be all over soon

Because they want to see what Zherdev gets. There's not a whole lot of space to work with and I'm sure Slats wants to move him if possible.

More on Zherdev plus my suggestions for our lineup:

Waiting On Zherdev

Who will win? The Rangers who donít want to pay a penny less than the $3.25 qualifying offer or Zherdev, who demanded a much higher $4.5 million. Figure the reward to be somewhere in the middle for the 24 year-old right wing who despite disappearing down the stretch still tied for the club lead in scoring with 58 points (23-35-58).

Itís hard to justify the Russian enigma receiving more than say between 3.7 and 4. Given the Rangersí tight cap situation with Brandon Dubinsky still unsigned, itís unrealistic to envision Zherdev returning for a second year on Broadway. Especially considering how unproductive he was under more demanding coach John Tortorella, who he even hinted at in a recent interview as not trusting him enough. With how little the former Blue Jacket- who Glen Sather acquired last summer for Fedor Tyutin and Christian Backman- competed, would you send him out for every shift when he repeatedly lost battles while teammates busted it?