View Single Post
Old
08-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Who is the blind squirrel here? Me or Holmgren? I noted the salary cap problem of Carle the day of the trade, and that trade culminated in Holmgren getting called out publicly by his franchise player at the end of the year.

I wasn't, and never was...but you'll note that I was completely unconvinced that he was going to remain, and that he should be used in a trade to get a defenseman.

What happened with him again?

My point is that your complaint about posters and people using "hindsight" to criticize the job Holmgren is doing is completely and utterly devoid of any appreciation of the fact that much of the predictive, critical discourse of Holmgren has proven correct. I was quoting myself, others can speak for themselves. However, if you go back and look at the discussion of these deals when they were happening you will find numerous posters questioning what the hell Holmgren was doing.
There was much more into the Carle deal -- BTW: how did the other ends of that deal work out?, You praised Downie... if we don't give Homer the benefits of the doubt by not awaiting the end, why should we give it to you? -- But I don't want to go into the injured and floundering D that Homer had save to save a postseason shot... Lets just say that memories are short and very selective.

If I were to spend my weekend going over old posting... I'm sure I will find as much, if not more opinions that proved incorrect.

And are you telling me that you want to crucify Homer for the few things you believe you foresaw going wrong?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote