View Single Post
Old
08-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
This is a tougher question for me than I believe it is for most. The reflexive response is obviously Girardi. However, I wonder if not the best choice would be to pair Roszival with Staal (who have played well together before) and put Girardi with Redden. One veteran and one young pup with respective roles.

However, if Roszival and Redden can prove to be the solid D pair they were during the playoffs and improve their chemistry further, I would be all for letting them stay together and let Staal and Girardi continue their chemistry.

So for me, it's more of a backwards question: "can Roszival and Redden do just as well as during the playoffs?" than how Staal and Girdardi will fair.

If Staal is considered to be a first pairing D-man, I would put him with Roszival. If not, I would put him with Girardi. If you're asking me, I think Roszival will be more of his old self, after having a good chance to improve his physique, which he didn't have after his hip surgery. So I say:

Roszival - Redden. Torts want them to step up and show why they have their big cheques and I stand behind this statement.
Staal - Girardi

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote