Old
08-02-2009, 11:18 AM
captain9nyr
@captain9nyr

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to captain9nyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
This is a tougher question for me than I believe it is for most. The reflexive response is obviously Girardi. However, I wonder if not the best choice would be to pair Roszival with Staal and put Girardi with Redden. One veteran and one young pup with respective roles.

However, if Roszival and Redden can prove to be the solid D pair they were during the playoffs and improve their chemistry further, I would be all for letting them stay together and let Staal and Girardi continue their chemistry.

So for me, it's more of a backwards question: "can Roszival and Redden do just as well as during the playoffs?" than how Staal and Girdardi will fair.

If Staal is considered to be a first pairing D-man, I would put him with Roszival. If not, I would put him with Girardi.
I think an even greater question is do we really want 2 players with a combine zero games of NHL experience on the same pairing? If the main four guys (Staal, Girardi, Redden, Rozsival) fill the top 2 pairings, then Gilroy and Heikkinen comprise the bottom pair.

Hmmm...

captain9nyr is offline   Reply With Quote