Old
08-02-2009, 07:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
I don't get why Zaborsky. He's a very solid player ... in the ECHL. If he put up 28 points in 47 games in the AHL, I could see picking him at this point.

But someone who scores so few points while being 5-11 180 is just not a legit prospect. Zab has a long way to go before he can be called a star in the AHL. At this point, he only played 8 games, netting 3 points. If he can establish himself as an AHL second liner this year, then we can rank him in the top 20. But I think at this point, he should be more with projects in the 25-30 range. He's nowhere near our top 20.
Zaborsky really struggled in his ECHL stint with Charlotte. He didn't get along well with coach Wilkinson, who was asking Zaborsky to turn back his offensive game in an effort to focus on defensive responsibility and positioning. Once all parties involved realized it was not a good situation, he was traded to Dayton--and had 10 goals in 19 games.

It's never really been a question of his offensive skills, IMO...more so would he ever develop a frame and physical nature capable of handling the rigors of the pro game in North America. I, for one, think he can, and that he'll surprise a lot of people in Hartford this year. I think he still has quite a bit of upside left. The chances of him reaching it are obviously slim, but I think having him around 20 or so is proper.

And FWIW, Zaba is my next to be added. I had to prove to people in one of the last polls that he was even considered a prospect. I was the only one pushing for him for a while!

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote