Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect #14
View Single Post
Old
08-02-2009, 08:18 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Zaborsky was promoted to the AHL last season. He played 8 games recording a goal and 2 assists before hurting himself. He'll be in the AHL this year as well.

Heikkinen is a prospect by HF standards. I'd have to say he's an oversight at this point. I'd imagine he'd be up there by now considering so many people expect him to make the team this year.
Even so on Zaborsky--1) not a point a game player in the ECHL when his biggest asset is offense. As well 2) he's small and for him to make it as a Ranger someday with those 2 qualifications he's going to have to be a top 6 player and that just does not look in the cards.

Comparing him to say someone like Jordan Owens who also spent some time in the ECHL--is only a little bit bigger but has tremendous speed and Callahan type grit and who could be much more realistically an energy player somewhere towards the bottom of your forward group is IMO a much better bet. I just can't see how Zaborsky leapfrogs all these guys who have already proven they can stick at a higher level.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote