View Single Post
Old
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Alex28*

vCash: 500
What I'd want,

ES:

Ovechkin Morrison Laich (if Ovechkin can put up 50 goals with Zubrus and Clark he should have no problem here, and he doesn't benefit much from playmaking centers anyway. Laich should be able to get 30, Morrison should be able to go 20-50 if he rebounds, he's a beast at picking off rebounds and jumping into the play, creating space as well)
Semin Backstrom Knuble (almost as good as 1st line, Semin and Backstrom have great chemistry as both like to slow the play down, Knuble could keep up with them and do all the boardwork/net crashing grit work).
Bourque Steckel Fleischmann (Fleischmann has the playmaking and sniping duties, Steckel has the net crashing/defensive responsibilities, Bourque is a mixture of the two)
Clark Gordon Bradley

Green Poti (emerged as a good pairing, Green has free range with Poti covering for him)
Alzner Jurcina (had pretty good chemistry, both improved towards the end of the year)
Pothier Erskine (nice mix of puck movement and grit for a 3rd pairing)

PP1:
Semin - Backstrom - Knuble
Ovechkin - Green

PP2:
Laich-Morrison-Fleischmann
Poti-Bourque (thinking there might be a St. Louis thing going on with Bourque weaving in and out of the slot)

PK1:
Steckel-Semin
Erskine-Alzner

PK2:
Gordon-Bradley/Fleischmann
Jurcina-Poti

Also should be noted I consider Semin much more effective at LW than RW, even if we prefer him to be RW positionally. Rather shift Fleischmann to RW if it comes to that, most of his "highlight reel" goals I've seen came from the right side.