View Single Post
Old
08-03-2009, 05:29 AM
HTFN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by init2winit View Post
Alex28, you tend to have a good opinion on some topics, but I am curious as to your reasoning for giving Semin the better linemates than Ovechkin in most line predictions. JW.
I think it has to do with the fact that Ovechkin has done phenomenally without good linemates anyway, so the better playmaking center should go where he can have the best direct effect, and cater to the play style of who he's with. BMo is adequate, and Laich is really coming on strong, which still probably puts them at the second and second/third lines respectively, but like he said, Ovechkin has put up 50+ with Zubrus, so it's not like he requires the assistance with decent players in the mix.

Meanwhile, a second pairing with a two first line players in Semin and Backstrom, and a guy I really look forward to seeing in Knuble could push Backstrom into 100 point territory, and get Semin close (provided he has a healthy season). Using those 6 forwards, I'd say that's actually one of the better possible setups which would contribute to arguably the most offensively potent team in the NHL.

Last edited by HTFN: 08-03-2009 at 05:34 AM.