View Single Post
Old
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
tim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Ovi Backis is automatic and is the starting point of our lines. I hope BMo is going to get time with Ovi. Bruce broke up Ovi and Nick in the Pens series and it largely failed. But he did it, and will do it again. And thats fine. I want to see Ovi BMo
Why? The only time I want those two playing together is on the second PP line, and even then, that means Ovechkin is playing too much.

If Ovechkin is playing with Morrison, that means Backstrom is having problems (or Ovechkin is, or Morrison can't play with Semin, etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Ovi playing with Semin is the other big factor. Together they kicked ass and took names last fall and we won games. The nay sayers that lobbied that they must be kept apart hopefully saw they dont need to be. I want to see Bruce use that more in the regular and post season again.
It's fun to put all your eggs in one basket, but it's a recipe for disaster. Semin is just as talented (stick wise) as Ovechkin, if not more so. If you put all your power in one line, sure, they'll score, but what about for the other 35-40 minutes they aren't on the ice?