View Single Post
Old
08-03-2009, 07:40 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Just a quick glance at this round, my top 10 will be:

*Howie Morenz: No question in my mind the player in this round of voting who had the greatest overall impact on the game. Explosive, ultra-talented centre played with grit and flair.
*Jacques Plante: Probably did more than any goalie ever. Not just in terms of awards and championships, but in terms of what he meant to the position.
Patrick Roy: The ultimate big game goalie. I don't think any goalie has ever topped Roy's 1993 post-season performance. Not that I've seen. Regular season accolades are of secondary importance with Roy. Three Conn Smythe rings, and the missing piece for Colorado on his fourth championship.
*Guy Lafleur: An explosive offensive dynamo who could beat a team any way you could conceive. A magician in the regular season whose playoff production didn't tail off in remarkable six-year run.
*Terry Sawchuk: Did a lot of things that nobody came close to matching for a lot of years. Tremendous peak and longevity.
*Stan Mikita: Tremendous skill level and a tenacious, fierce competitor. Holds the record for highest PIM total in a Hart-winning season.
*Ted Lindsay: One of hockey's all-time great competitors and leaders who brought outstanding skill level. Pound-for-pound, the toughest player ever, and maybe hockey's greatest competitor.
*Denis Potvin: The cornerstone and the franchise player for the Islanders dynasty who brough world class offensive skill and plenty of toughness.
*Red Kelly: One of the great careers in hockey history. From an outstanding two-way defenceman who dominated the game offensively, to a savvy playmaking two-way centre. I believe he has the most Cup rings of any player who didn't play for Montreal, and he played a key role in all of them.
*Dominik Hasek:One of the most remarkable careers in NHL history. His aggressiveness, quickness and bravado are unmatched in NHL history. He was incredible, and he knew it. Few goalies can match his eight-year run of success. (Note: this vote will be under protest. No way should Hasek be ahead of Mark Messier. And Messier should be an option before Espo, Clarke and Jagr).

Last edited by God Bless Canada: 08-03-2009 at 07:49 PM.
God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote