Thread: Proposal: Montreal - Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Well we don't know what either GM thinks of Price so we really don't know if Giroux has the same trade value as Price. If the Habs GM has soured on Price then they'd probably be happy to take Girox for Price especially with the way that Halak played last year. If the Flyers GM has a low opinion of Price then there is no way he'd made that trade even if offered.

However, I tend to believe that Price IS a legit #1 goalie IN THE MAKING. The kid has all the tools needed and he has had some good success even at the NHL level. He struggled in the playoffs 2 years ago an all of last year. However, there were similar questions being raised about MAF with the Pens until 2 years ago when he finally started utting it all ogether (and I know better than most non-Pens fans that Fleury had the misfortune of having one of the WORST defensive dmen in the league playing in front of him, the poor guy had a shooting gallery against him on a noghtly basis). I think that Price will eventually be a consistant top 10 goalie in the league for 10+ years here realy soon. As much as I love Giroux (and he's my favorite player since Gagne btw) as a GM I think I'd have to trade him for a future top 10 goalie. It would be a bit of a risk for the Flyers because Price has struggled enough to raise concerns but I definitely believe it would be worth the move.

He might not be much of an upgrqade over Emery this year and it would definitely hurt our offense, but I think that it would give us a long term goalie solution and with the core players we have, I think we'd be a legit cup contender for years to come.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote