View Single Post
Old
11-01-2004, 01:02 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
NY is a union driven city no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Hurray for the Sabres. The fact is the majority of the teams in the league are not run that way and have raised prices as opposed to lowering them. I admit that I could be wrong when I said that no team in the league would. But the fact remains that the great majority would not.

"The why do the Rangers still sell 80% of their tickets while being the laughingstock of the NHL? When you combine the record they have had over the last 7 years, they have got to be in the top 3 of worst overall records, I highly doubt that folks would stop coming, if that were the case they would have stopped 2-3 years ago."

You are still not talking about watching scab labor. That is an entirely different animal. The Rangers WILL sell their tickets for fans to see Rangers play. However, said fans are not paying NHL prices to see scab labor. That is if they are paying anything at all to see it.
And you're probably right about that. But I would plop down NHL money to see guys looking to feed their families and giving an honest effort nightly.