Thread: Value of: Steve Ott
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee Seeking Scud View Post
You have to look who Ott played with this year and who Lucic played with. If the roles were reversed i think Ott would of scored the same or more than he did this year. Lucic is a great young kid but this past season shows that Ott has the ability to scored when needed. I hate the age argument myself....sure Lucic is younger but is there any reason to say "Oh he will get a lot better'? Nobody can tell how he will develop. He may suck something fierce this next season and so could Ott. Now if i were to pick a overall complete player then i would choose Lucic but off of scoring alone i would choose Ott.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php

Ott played with Ribiero and Lehtinen/Ericksson most of the year, so I'm not sure how disadvantaged he was by playing with inferior linemates. You've also used the age argument more than a few times when discussing Neal's potential, but all of a sudden it's not valid?

Here's the thing...Lucic doesn't have to get a lot better to be better than Ott. He is 6 years younger and was four points off Ott's career high that he set this year. I think he's there already. Now the question is how much better than Ott he is going to become, and that remains to be seen.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote