View Single Post
08-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Pog Form
vCash: 500
I'm planning on taking this year off, actually. I've been playing three times a week during the summer, which is too draining on top of work and trying to maintain a relationship (not to mention family and friends). And because I'm not in the shape I used to be, it's been frustrating not being able to play the way I know I can.

That said, I'm going to drop the hockey this winter and replace it with one or two trips to the gym each week (I don't have enough time or energy to work out at all right now). This should help get me into better condition for hockey and for life in general. I'm also hoping that being away from the rink will give me a little perspective and help me remember why I play. I feel like I've just been "going through the motions" lately which is disappointing when I think about it.

It's going to be strange not playing on a regular basis and I'm sure that watching hockey on TV will drive me crazy, but if I can turn that into motivation for working out and my eventual "comeback", then that's great. And if I'm fine not playing, then at least I'll know I don't need it in my life. Either way, I think this will be a good decision.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote