View Single Post
Old
11-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Taranis_24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taranis_24
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Without pontificating about winning the Cup, that is exactly what I am telling you. Not only for the Rangers, but for the rest of the league. No one is going to pay NHL prices to see scab labor.
And please do not lump me in with pro or con as far as replacement players go. I am simply saying what is going to happen league-wide, IMO. And you still have not answered my question. What is going to happenin Vancouver and other provinces that specifically do not allow replacement labor for union employees?
Vancouver and other provinces that have labor laws. If the NHL decides to go with replacement players I would think some kind of voting referendum could be done to allow the people to vote on the issue of changing that law in this one case. I don't live in Canada so will confess don't know their laws. Now, the outcome of the vote if turned down would be a problem. But because there is a good amount of money involved for the local businesses there might be some concessions made to allow them to field a team.