View Single Post
Old
08-04-2009, 01:29 PM
soupisgoodfood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
It still seems like no one can answer my question... :

Of couse I know why though... Matt Stajan is a 2nd line centerman, but too many Leaf fans like using him as their punching bag.

If Stajan "rellied" on Antropov and Ponikarovsky to post 47% of his points. And it was the line he played with the most, and for about half the season.... He must have posted 53% of his points the other half of the season with different linemates!!!

This tells us that Stajan can produce 2nd line numbers, given 2nd line minutes, and can adapt to his wingers.

Sure, he doesn't show flashes of Brilliance, and he's not outstanding at any particular area.... but HE IS a solid 2nd line centerman.

I'd also like to point out, and correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember, the period of time Stajan was out with his eye injury Nik and Poni went on slumps. When he came back, and the chemistry was reunited, they started producing again. I'm not saying he was the catalyst to that line, just that they all depended on each other as one group.

And you're right, the 47% arguement is flawed and, if anything, argues the opposite of it's purpose.

soupisgoodfood is offline   Reply With Quote