View Single Post
Old
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
AZCOYOT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
While in a worst case scenario the fans may not be able to save the team, they most certainly can make the decision seem like the right one if they turn their back on the team now.
But, who's team is it now? Who am I supporting?

I can't personally justify paying money until these questions are answered. Once that happens, I will go all out, but for now. I'm waiting to see how it unfolds.

It isn't turning one's back on the team, what is the team? I don't cheer for the Coyotes.. I cheer for the Phoenix Coyotes, a local hockey entity. If that isn't firmly in place. Why am I cheering? I'm not one to get attached to players, I'm a homer fan. I cheer for the City and nothing else so if that is in jeopardy, or a in a temporary (1 year) situation. Why am I cheering?

I can accept a 5 year window, hell.. a 3 year window of real effort by a new ownership group.. and have always said that if the fans still don't show.. Phoenix doesn't deserve a NHL team.

But I do need a commitment from ownership, and a handful of years guaranteed.

I desperately want the Coyotes to stay at Westgate this year and the future, a large part of the reason I moved here was to watch the Coyotes and invest in the team financially and emotionally because in the past my only connection to them was watching on Center Ice, now i'm here and they possibly could be moved. It's just awful. Many a winter nights i'd watch FSN-AZ in Calgary wishing I could be at Westgate going to games for years and years, now.. who knows.

I have nothing bad to say about folks who will go all out this year, I just find it hard to do that personally without some things cleared up first.

Last edited by AZCOYOT: 08-04-2009 at 03:12 PM.