View Single Post
Old
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
RR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
But, who's team is it now? Who am I supporting?

I can't personally justify paying money until these questions are answered. Once that happens, I will go all out, but for now. I'm waiting to see how it unfolds.

It isn't turning one's back on the team, what is the team? I don't cheer for the Coyotes.. I cheer for the Phoenix Coyotes, a local hockey entity. If that isn't firmly in place. Why am I cheering? I'm not one to get attached to players, I'm a homer fan. I cheer for the City and nothing else so if that is in jeopardy, or a in a temporary (1 year) situation. Why am I cheering?

I can accept a 5 year window, hell.. a 3 year window of real effort by a new ownership group.. and have always said that if the fans still don't show.. Phoenix doesn't deserve a NHL team.

But I do need a commitment from ownership, and a handful of years guaranteed.
You're supporting NHL hockey in Phoenix for the 2009-10 season, the NHL in its fight to keep the team here, and Shane Doan and his teammates who want to stay and play in Phoenix.

Crap attendance for any reason this season will do nothing to help save the team, only hurt its chance of staying.

If you're going to sit on the side and wait until all the I's are dotted and T's crossed, fine. I understand your position. But I'm not willing to risk being another reason post May 5, 2009, to justify the 'Yotes leaving.