Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers let Zherdev walk
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2009, 03:37 PM
EazyB97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrafted View Post
Yeah.. honestly this kid would fit our mold on the top line perfectly and if I were Burke I would seriously consider trying to sign him.

Someone PLEASE give a reference about his "work ethic" or "heart" because everything that I've heard and read is complete hearsay... which has no value. Oh noes he disappeared during the playoff run, well here's news... so did the rest of the Rangers.
Claimed that Torts hurt his play. Not exactly a "character" thing to say. Rumoured he had complaints about Hitchcock, claiming he was responsible for his poor play.

There is always an excuse or someone else to blame it seems. Fact is, Gomez is a playmaker and he didn't work well with him in NYR. He had issues with the coach there and he had issues with Hitch. Watching him play, he has lazy tendencies. These stick out in the system his team plays and clearly isn't coming from the bench. That's why his work ethic and heart have been questioned. Instead of getting better and working on his game, he seems to point fingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Zherdev did well in NYR though didn't he?
Started well, but struggled later in the season. I believe he was a healthy scratch some nights for the Rangers.

He started on the first line in New York and played his way onto the third line. The Rangers fired a defensive coach in Renney to bring in a more offensive minded person in Tortorella. That should've helped a player like Z, but his lazy attitude had him in the dog house.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote