Thread: Proposal: Toronto - Columbus
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2009, 11:36 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I edited my original a little in hopes of clarifying. I was trying to get across that Columbus would gladly move either player but no chance Toronto takes either one for Kabs. I would gladly trade either. My point was that for Kaberle to come to Columbus and fit any structure Columbus would have to trade Modin or Torres and picks or prospects/young players not named Moore, Brassard, Voracek, Filatov, Russell, Mason. So there is no deal to be had here as many have already said on numerous occassions. If I were to offer Modin, Ruth and a 2nd I see lots of bashing and "you're stupid" responses. I would agree with every one of them but I think that's what Columbus woudl be looking to move and for Kaberle not a chance in hell.

As for Weber, I think he fits what Howson could be looking for - young, RH shot from the point, decent puck mover.... but you are correct with little experience (unproven) he's not likely a fit. I just see a lot of potential in him.
Gotcha, that all makes perfect sense. I should just say that I wouldn't want to deal Kaberle anyways, especially not for futures, but I was just trying to figure things out in this thread.

grabo84 is online now   Reply With Quote