Thread: OT: Good Restaurant
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM
The Imp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
The Creperie - poor wine selection, fantastic food and desert (quality of food surprised me), romantic setting, very cool place.

Ruth's Chris - It is what it is, I enjoy it, good wine selection, entree's and sides are fantastic, remember it's a la carte.

Characters - Kinda the small portions but Shon knows what he's doing in the kitchen, great place to go.

A few others I like are:
Harvest Room
Madison's Grill
Red Ox
Manor Cafe - great little place, I would suggest this place for a nice mid range place.
Normand's - cool place if you like wild game with really cool sauces. We always took our Japanese clients here because they felt like they were getting a true Albertan experience. First place I had pheasant and it was amazing.

You can see Im not a huge fan of franchise restaurants. Whenever I travel I like to go to the concierge and ask for a great local restaurant. In the deep south states this is a lot of fun, you get all kinds of different places. Or I search out where I want to go before hand if Im with customers. Lots of fun, if you can afford it, eating at places like the ones above is a fun treat once a month or so. I love a good old cheeseburger as much as anyone and I've found some amazing places for a 1/4 the price as some of the above stated places, but fine dining with a good atmosphere is a great time.
+1 on Manor Café and the Créperie.

The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote