View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
LTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Well, why sign Wallin? Don't we have enough younger guys to play or at least try out in the 7-9th forward spots? Why trade for Primeau? Why get rid of Stralman and acquire Exelby...can't Oreskovic, who did decently in his callup last season, be the 6th or 7th guy? We'll never find out now. If White can play 20 minutes, why have the Leafs blocked him out of the top 4 by signing Komisarek and Beauchemin?

The answer is simple...all the things Burke's doing are "now" moves, to make the playoffs THIS year. Just like Ferguson tried to do.

There's no rebuilding going on.
I only pointed to the mortgaging of the future for immediate talent for comparisons. Everything else I do agree with.

I look forward to our GM's being tested and IMO the roster on opening night a huge test on his credibility. We'll all know if Bozak, Tlusty, Stalberg, and Hanson "have the right stuff" after training camp. To see all four being sent down to the marlies would be irrefutable evidence.

I'll be watching training camp closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Sure. And I think he's a superior GM to JFJ. But it's obvious that no "rebuild" will be happening under his watch.
Definitely not the one I wanted but as many teams have shown us there are more then one way to skin a cat.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote