Thread: News Article: Flyers interested in Bertuzzi
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
What you're not going to get -- and you may not agree with me once again on this, Kak -- is Knuble's two way game... From every indication, Bert is not attentive in his own end, and plays a sloppy D. This does limit which line he can play on... and more importantly, which one(s) he shouldn't play on.

Granted his Cap hit may be a lot lower -- and do we really know that is true at this point? -- but he is limited on what he will do as Knuble-lite replacement... I think I'd prefer a more two-way like player; maybe get a little less potted, but also give up a bit less... and also a player that won't tax our better two-way players, and not have Richie and Carts out there as much on the D-side situation; a player who can be counted on in pretty much all situations... To me, it's not like Bert is a pure sniper.

And then there is the lack of physical play of late by Bert... As for sticking up for players; there are enough sucj players already on the roster -- BTW: Knuble did stick up for his line-mates when he felt that they were cheap shotted... Just not at the lesser times; no, he is not a goonish type player... no, he couldn't be used to ride shotgun on the stars wing, like Schultz did. And like I said, there is no lack of such players on the Flyers, so no need to seek one, IMO.
You need to get over it. Seriusly, Knuble will be playing for Washington and making much more then 1.2M a year. He was a good player for us but now he is gone. As a player he had his pluses and minuses. Enough already.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 08-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote