Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jannik Hansen Re-Signed.
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
KDizzle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
I admitted that I was wrong, which is a hell of a lot more than quite a few posters around here are man enough to do. You may think I resorted to the "oldest resort to being wrong" trick. However the fact is that I have never thought Hansen was anything special anyway (check my posting history on him).

So why would I care about the fact that he might get plucked off the waiver wire by another team? Hopefully for Hansen's sake, it's a team like Atlanta who claims him, Then he might actually be able to crack the lineup.....
You know what, you're right. I did miss the context of the post and it came off as you just trying to brush off being wrong.
You just have a hate-on for Hansen.

That's fine by me, no point trying to convince you Hansen is all that based on so little games played.

But I will say that most people are high on Hansen because of his meteoric rise from being nearly the last pick in the NHL draft to playing in the NHL. Extrapolation of that progress curve alone could explain people being high on this kid. However, it comes down to what we've seen from him in terms of his 2-way play. He's not going to be a sniper, but he could develop into a solid 3rd liner who can pot some points as well. A guy like that for that cheap is what you need to win in a salary cap world and this is why people are hyping him up, much to your chagrin.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote