Thread: News Article: Flyers interested in Bertuzzi
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I still think Afinogenov would prosper here with competent line-mates, and he could be had cheap.
Why in the world would you think that??? He coulent prosper in Buffalo....If people complain about Briere here, this guy doesnt have a chance in hell....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
The enemy is much more protected by the refs than they were in the 1970s.

A huge problem with this organization (and one that's going to become apparent if it isn't already) is that they're going to think they can intimidate the other team and more specifically, other teams' top players. That's just not going to happen, the first time Lappy or Hartnell slashes Crosby or AO, it's going to be straight to the box.

You can't intimidate the other team if they get 10 PP opportunities per game.

The BSB era of hockey is dead which is something this team refuses to accept and now, we're even trying to go back to that era. This team was already way too undisciplined last year and now we've added Pronger and Laperriere (that's another 250 penalty minutes).

I think your guys' infatuation with the Broad Street Bullies attitude is going to last up until about the 10th game of the season when we're shorthanded 8 or 9 times per game.

I don't believe in conspiracies, but officials are going to look at our lineup and already be predisposed to be harsh on us.
I couldnt agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Well what are you going to do? Those two guys are rumored to be wanting too much. I would have LOVED to get Madden in here. Right now we should be looking at Goc. Exactly what we need for a great price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
There are several good bottom 6 options out there.

At this juncture, I'd be happy with any of Malhotra, Lang, Moore, Goc, Gratton, Yelle, or Zigomanis.

Just a vet to add some more stability and preferably FOs.
I would be happy with any one of those guys, with a couple caveats....If they are going to be the 3rd line center on a "shut-down" line I want Malhotra....If we are going with the 3 pairings and this is our "4th line" center, I want Goc or Gratton, in that order....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I think Homer is set with the idea of having lappy play center on the 3rd line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I think you're right - a perfect example of why I hope he never chooses himself to replace Stevens behind the bench (as some people have suggested).
I thought we had established that they were going with the 3 pairings??? Wouldnt that be why they are looking into another top 6 winger?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote