Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jannik Hansen Re-Signed.
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 08:10 PM
tantalum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
So this signing will be the tombstone for Grabner. He will stay in Manitoba again for another season if no one gets injured. And even then it's not a sure thing if Grabner gets the callup.

I really hope the Canucks trade him. My guess is that he won't see any NHL Ice-time with the canucks this season. This must be frustrating for him. If he was in another any other NHL franchise, he would already have seen some NHL time.
I don't think it means that at all. If Grabner out competes someone for a roster spot he'll get that roster spot. No player will simply be handed a roster spot because they are waiver eligible or not. The exception to be handed a roster spot MAY be Hodgson if they don't think his game will progress with another year in the OHL and that his game is better served spending time in the NHL (AHL not an option).

All told, one of Grabner, Hansen, Raymond, or Wellwood may very well be wearing different colours by the time training camp breaks and rosters have to be finalized. I don't think Gillis or AV knows who that guy might be at this time.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote