Thread: Speculation: Mike Grier to Habs?
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2009, 11:13 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
So the Devils and Rangers could use these guys on the PK but Montreal can't, logical....................or not.

Crosby and Malkin both actually average about 1 minute PK time every game so there goes that one.

So Montreal has Lapierre, Metropolit, Plekanec, Gomez, Moen, Gionta off the top of my head that are Pk'ers. Chipchura and Skost both have experience doing so. Its also odd you don't see teams lining up to sign Grier either and we are what 5-6 weeks from training camp. Either you are overrating him or 30 GM's are underrating him.
Gionta and Gomez averaged around a minute of SH icetime a game. That made Gionta 13th on the team and Gomez 12th on the team. That does not make them PKers.

How about looking at the time on ice for the Penguins during the playoffs when they had a smart coach in Bylsma at the helm. Crosby and Malkin were never on the ice during the PK. But thanks for trying.

There is no necessity for Grier, but he makes the PK better and is better than all of the players you listed at that role. Would I be upset if they don't sign him? No. But I would be very satisfied if they do.