View Single Post
Old
08-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Cheli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Burke needs to add a few tenacious forecheckers (with speed) up front that can cause a few turnovers. Without them the "in your face hockey" is impossible to implement. One on the top two lines and one on the bottom two.

Desired setup:

<Power Forward> <Playmaker> <Sniper>
<Forechecker> <Two-way> <Big Scorer>
<Defensive Guru> <Big Shutdown> <Forechecker>
<Defensive Fighter> <Faceoff/PK> <PK expert>
<Scraper>
Hmm, I like this set-up. Though it seems to me that the two-way centre could be replaced by another playmaker or so. Or that the forechecker would need to have significant offense too. I just don't see enough offense coming from that line if two-thirds are forechecker + two-way guy.

I'm also sad because I love power forwards and it doesn't seem like the Leafs have many prospects in the area. I'm not too familiar with the 2009 draftees, do any of them have that kind of upside? Hayes and Champagne are the only PF prospects that come to mind and they both sound more like bottom 6 guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Poor Schenn..I know a lot of the times last season he'd be putting up some nice +/- only to have late 3rd period blow ups screw him over. Especially the Pogge games.
I still remember that crazy steak Stamkos made him once. 6 goals against night...

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote