View Single Post
Old
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Well worded. I agree with your ranking.

The points at the end of the seaason do not necessarily mean that one player had more talent than another, just that they either had better lines, more energy, more ice time or in the case of Richards and Harntell just did more crashing of the net and picking up garbage goals and so on.

It is very hard to compare Hartnell and Giroux because they are so diferent. Hartnell scores plenty of goals but rarely are they pretty. He just works hard , crashes the net and makes himself a pest in front the net.

Giroux is going to be something special. When I think back to last years training camp and see the progression he made from then till the playoffs it's pretty amazing. I watched him in the mem cup the season before and thought to myself he'd have a lot of learning to do at the pro level with regards to how much time he would have to make a play, but he learned VERY quickly. The thing that surprised me the most about him last year actually wasn't his offense but his toughness. I assumed that a playmaker from the Q would be soft but he wasn't at all. I'm VERY excited to have him on this team. Way to draft Flyers.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote