Old
08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
I don't claim to have the final word on Zabo, just curious why there's so much love for someone who's not even established in the AHL. He had a decent stretch of 19 games in the AHL after he got moved, but that's nothing to write home about. Gaulton is a project, that's for sure, but I think he's more likely to succeed than Zabo. Maybe I'm wrong.

If Skokan is on par with Hagelin, why isn't anyone even suggesting that we add him to the list? He seems like a solid prospect to me.
I can't speak for everyone else as far as Skokan vs. Hagelin, but personally, I think Hagelin has a bit more latent offensive potential. I was more impressed by Hagelin's second season in college than any of Skokan's seasons in the Q (speaking strictly in terms of offense; I consider them relatively equal in other aspects of the game).

The other factor holding Hagelin (and Kveton) back for me is that I doubt either comes back over. If I feel like a guy has zero chance of playing in the NHL--even due to a personal decision--it's hard for me to rank them. Then again, if I see even a shred of evidence that the guy is planning on coming over, I'll boost him up quite quickly.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote