View Single Post
Old
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Ok guys,

I admit that I approached this the wrong way. But up in here Canada there is a TON of people that think Balsillie is doing a great thing, whether he is approaching it or not, the general basis is that he is doing something good for us as a country.

The only reasons I thought it was cool is Nashville came here, is because then my favourite team would be located less than an hour from me, instead of 14 hours, lol.

I obviously love the Preds in Nashville as well, I wanted to say I have liked a team EVER since they were a team, and when we lost our first ever game to Florida 1-0, I was sittin in front of the tv cheering them on!

Also, it was said about the Nordiques, Jets, etc, struggling in small markets so they moved. We if we didn't get a better scenario in place like we did, we were VERY close to losing the Oilers and Senators as well. So if teams that are struggling in small markets, like "SOME" american teams in the NHL, why not put them in Canada where they will most likely thrive?? not ALL american teams but some.

We could easily have and support a team in Hamilton, Victoria (British Columbia), or maybe even a team where we have to teams in that province like, Nova Scotia (Crosby was born and raised), Manitoba, or Saskatchewan. Those places have an entire province for fans!

Also, I know that we are a low budget team, but I mean it was only a couple years ago when we had,

Kariya, Sullivan, Timonen, Zidlicky, Arnott, Vokoun, Forsberg, Dumont, etc etc.

Also, I am 25 years old for those who wanted to know. I am learning more about politics of the game as I go, but all in all, I still think it makes sense to put a "few" teams in Canada from the states. Is that fair to say???

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote