View Single Post
Old
11-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
And lets be honest here. The circumstances behind the firesale leave a lot to be questioned.

1. The team had no chance of making the playoffs
2. The players traded were all free agents to be, except leetch.
3. Everyone knew the impending lockout would last atleast a year, so it made sense to aquire young talent and let them grow in different leagues.
4. Weeks before the purge we aquired one of the most ridiculous contracts in the league.

So as I said, lets be honest here, it is very possible that the great Sather was simply forced by the circumstances to rebuild. I think the Jagr trade gives perfect evidence of that. Jagr is not the kind of player that you want near a young, rebuilding hockey team.

In my opinion the jury is out on whether Sather has seen the light. He doesn't give any interviews so no one really knows what the guy is thinking. For all we know, he could have the same frame of mind that Son of Steinbrenner has, that the Rangers of 2000-2004 had bad luck, that there were no major flaws in the philosophy of the organization. If that is the case, then this rebuild is doomed from the start.
you don't know my frame of mind on the rebuild i'm just happy they are doing it. sather should have been fired after last season and its not the first time i have said so but the FACT is he is here stop crying about it.