View Single Post
Old
08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Teddy Peckman

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
Burger lovers beware: People who eat red meat every day have a higher risk of dying over a 10-year period -- mostly because of cardiovascular disease or cancer --than their peers who eat less red or processed meat, according to a new study of about half a million people.

Over a 10-year period, people who ate the most red meat every day (about 62.5 grams per 1,000 calories per day, equivalent to a quarter-pound burger or small steak per day) had about a 30 percent greater risk of dying compared with those who consumed the least amount of red meat (a median of 9.8 grams per 1,000 calories per day). The excess mortality was mostly the result of cardiovascular disease and cancer

organic vegetables....

You think red meat doesn't have bacteria?

Most fish are good to eat and good for you—high in protein and other nutrients, and low in fat. Eat fish that are low in Mercury for example;

Bluegill Sunfish
Farm-raised catfish
Farm-raised crayfish
Farm-raised trout
Tilapia
Trout
So if I stop eating red meat I will never die? I'm in!

But seriously, what do you define "a greater risk of dying". Who conducted this study, and did people actually die, and how do they prove it was from red meat? Could it not be their eating habbits in general beyond red meat as well? Example being, with a burger you have fries and coke, "beige foods" so to speak. And if a person dies from cancer, how can you relate their cancer to red meat consumption? Are they smokers, exposed to anything at work, etc.? You can do a lot of things to sway the statistics. I know that red meat isn't good for you so to speak, but I question that it's THAT bad for you, considering we have been consuming it for thousands of years.

Last edited by Teddy Peckman: 08-07-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote