View Single Post
Old
08-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Well being considered Canada's best defenseman is a start, and yes, getting more experience has a big part to play in it, showing consistency even on mediocre teams, and looking solid in the AHL. Schenn has played on a line with Glennie - who knows?

What makes Schenn better than Hickey anyway? I see Schenn becoming a 60-70 point 2-way center, whereas Hickey looks like he can become a top-2 defenseman, but who knows.

Also, I find it funny that you compare Brian Rafalski and Mike Richards even though...

- You are comparing player comparables. It would be like comparing Hawerchuk vs. Yzerman in a Tavares vs. Stamkos debate.

- I don't know if Brayden Schenn will ever get 80 points, but consider me skeptical. I like Hickey's chances of getting 40 points much more

- Rafalski is mediocre-to-train-wreck in his own zone. Hickey is considered a very responsible 2-way defenseman, and he specifically worked on defense last year. Also, he does hit, and doesn't project to be soft like Rafalski.
When was he ever considered Canada's best defensemen?

I really hope you're not referring to the one time he was named player of the game, against Germany in the prelims. Because if so, that's just trying way to hard to pump up a guy who shouldn't need any pumping up if he truly is our best prospect.

He doesn't project to be as soft as Rafalski? Rafalski isn't soft, but like Lubo, there's only so much you can do with a 6'4 235 lb forward when you're only 5'10. Simple fact. Hickey will have to play the exact same game as Rafalski, Timonen, Visnovsky etc to be able to stick in the NHL. He's not soft but he's not Chris Chelios either.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote