Old
08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I hate to say it, being that Gretzky is my favorite player of all time, and it was a dream come true to see him in a Rangers uniform... but Jagr had the better stay here. Jagr was also about 5 years younger when he came to NY than Gretzky was. It's not really a fair comparison, being that Gretzky was past his prime, and still averaged a point per game for his career in NY despite not having the talent around him in the final 2 years.

Jagr had played on the best teams the Rangers have had since 97, and most of us thought the 08 team had a chance to do some real damage before the season started. If Gretzky had teams like that in 98 and 99, we'd be looking at this argument differently.
Quoted for truth. Those '98 and '99 teams really were putrid.

Only guys who scored 40 points or more aside from Gretzky: (Personally I don't even get how MacLean got to play for the Rangers, gah...)

LaFontaine, Kovalev (Rangers version, not Penguins version), Leetch, Sundstrom and Stevens.

MacLean, Leetch, Graves, Nedved, Savard, Stevens, Sundstrom

EDIT: Not diminishing Jagr's massive achievements, just think TGO is getting slighted in his, the '97 playoffs he had was terrific, and we haven't seen the ECF since.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote