View Single Post
Old
08-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 50
As of today, it is Dalpe for me. He was a guy in last years draft that was looked upon to go in the first round and it wouldn't have surprised a lot of people, seeing him dip into the second round and being available at our pick, that was the surprise. As of right now he looks like one of those guys who teams may regret not taking. Especially considering how well he had developed leading up to the draft and now we've seen another consecutive year of real strong development out of him. To me, based on what he's shown over the past 2 years, he's got promise written all over him. If Dalpe can now show a 3rd consecutive year of strong development, which by all indications looks to be the case, he may just be a real gem.

Dalpe showed good goal scoring technique in his first year of NCAA and if he continues to improve, which looks to be the case based on how he looked at the recent prospects camp (real good hands/shot, skating, confidence, filled out his frame some more and has simply matured and has taken his game to another level in the past year - word is he was a real nice standout), he could come into the NHL in a couple years as a young player who is known for scoring goals, that seems to be his niche. Over the past 2 years Dalpe has done everything right from growing taller and filling out his frame (about 16 lbs added in the past year), continues to show his goal scoring is a real talent which will only get better, his shot seems to be a gem with a very good quick release and his skating and movement on the ice make him tough to contain. By the sounds of it he may even be Captain of Ohio this season. As a 18/19 year old in his first year of NCAA playing on a team made up of mostly 20-24 year old guys, Dalpe's statistics speak volumes in my opinion. I look and expect Dalpe to do big things this coming season. I have a feeling after this season, he's going to go booming up the depth chart and we'll be hearing his name more and more. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Dalpe take home or be in the running for the Hobey Baker before he leaves NCAA.

Paradis needs to prove this season exactly why the Carolina Hurrucanes took a reach and made him a surprising 1st rd pick. Because as of today, many are still wondering. Based on what we've heard about Paradis, it sounds like there could be something nice there. With that said, again, it is now up to him to prove it.

Last edited by Guerzy: 08-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote