View Single Post
Old
08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
sfo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I've seen enough of Bourque to know that he's not as good as Stepan is right now. Stepan's already proved a lot as a freshman in the NCAA. I like Bourque as a prospect and I was very happy we picked him.

But Stepan is more well rounded and more ready for the big time than Bourque is, IMHO.

Hey, I'll take both of 'em on the team. I would just be very upset if they choose to take Bourque over Stepan. I would almost guarantee it would be because he was an alum, also, and not skill and readiness.
I think it depends on the roles they're looking to fill on the team. I've seen both Bourque and Stepan play live, though I've seen Stepan on more occasions. What Stepan has going for him that impressed me is that he's an effing BEAST on the penalty kill. I've got some friends that play for North Dakota in the WCHA with Wisconsin, and the kid scored 2 short handed goals on the same PK. Every time I've seen him play he just dominates on the penalty kill...so if they're looking for that, Stepan would be a good fit on the team. But I bet he's not the only good penalty killer out there too, so tough to say.