View Single Post
Old
08-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
For D'Amigo, yes. Ryan's probably a better bet to be a third line winger. His game is more dependent on his crash/bang style and defensive game. Those are by far his biggest strengths, his PKing ability, his hitting ability, play along the boards/in front of the net. He's not the fastest, but he's a solid skater. It's funny, because in midgets he was always supposed to be the most skilled '91 over guys like Morin, but since day one with the NTDP he's never been in his class skill-wise.

D'Amigo is a smarter player with better hands and scoring instincts, but his biggest attribute is his work ethic. He's going to be an NHLer for sure, IMO. He's not the biggest, but his physical pedigree is similar to Zach Parise in that he has a really strong lower base and is pretty tough to play against because he never gives up. He scores a lot of his goals in similar fashion to Zach. He has the strong two-way game as well and can kill penalties, great leader, very vocal. Like I said, I think D'Amigo's an NHLer for sure, and if his skills keep developing at the rate they have been he can be a 2nd line player. He's been a personal favorite of mine for a while, he was the true heart and soul of the team last year.
Konk, do you have any insight on why D'Amigo slipped in the draft as he did. I have only seen him at the U18s but everything you said is in line with my view on him, and I'm still baffled by why he slipped. I read one published report that it may have been because of a lingering injury, and surely there's been speculation it has to do with RPI, but I was wondering if you'd heard anything else.