View Single Post
Old
11-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Rodent

vCash: 500
I just woke up (election night insomnia out here on the left coast) and am pleasantly stunned to have an email waiting for me with this news. I rushed here to announce it, but I see I am too late.

Prucha has played aggressively as a fourth-liner this season and has gotten PK time as a result. His last three games have been stellar - he caused a turnover, skated down ice with the puck and dished off for a SH goal recently. So he's demonstrated himself to be a role player who can ignite a club. Doubtless he will reprise this "role" on the national team in Finland next week.

As for why he was chosen over so many other candidates...

I'm trying to find out who the coach will be for the CR club. If Martinek (Pardubice "trener"), then Prucha's selection is more easily explained. Or even if Slava Lener (who was coach during World Championships) it could explain the selection because Pardubice played Lener's Sparta club on Tuesday - so Lener might have been "re-impressed" with Petr. After all, it was Lener who chose Prucha in April... even over his "own" Jan Marek.

Keep in mind, there are four of these international competitions throughout the season. So the roster may change as the year goes on.