View Single Post
Old
11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Blindside9711

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Does Flyers see Tony Voce as a prospect even though he is 24 years old.... Is he career Minor leaguer? Because I didn't see his name under prospects listing... Does anyone think he can be next Martin St.Louis...

Who is undrafted small forward make it to NHL and play in top 2 lines. Probably not going to scores as many goals as Martin St.Louis did in a season.

The way Tony Voce scoring goals in AHL as a rookie... It looks like he is almost ready to step into NHL.. It's looks like he is little ahead of Patrick Sharp at this moment... May be it's just me ...

By the way how is John Carter doing this year!!!
Whoa whoa whoa... Sure, Voce is playing well, but it's only been like 10ish games... at the AHL level. I haven't seen him myself, but apparently, his defensive game needs some improvement. I don't doubt that the Flyers signed him for the purpose of developing him into a sniper type forward, but let's not get ahead of ourselves after seeing him play well in a handful of minor-league games. If he plays well consistently over a season or more of AHL action, then I'd give him time in the NHL and see how he fares.
In the future, he may be a nice compliment to guys like Gagne and Kapanen, but let's just wait and see and enjoy watching him in the AHL before we make any armchair assessments like "He's ready to step into the NHL".