View Single Post
Old
08-13-2009, 12:06 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
So, if Frolov cursed ****! more, he would have 5 years at 5.5M?

Sound logic.
(yes, I realize that was tongue in cheek on your part)
Isn't the criticism on Purcell that he doesn't play a physical game and doesn't "pay" the price? Swear I read that somewhere out of Lombardi's mouth.

Frolov is strong on the puck and tough in corners (you went a little dyslexic on us) but he doesn't play the body. Kopitar doesn't play the body. With the exception of Zeus, isn't every single forward Dean has traded for been one that hits?
I guess when he talks about "paying" the price and all that (I remember it too... I think...) he is talking about whether or not you can take the puck from a guy one on one, and whether you loose battles one on one. Purcell loses those battles, and that is the criticism in my mind. Frolov doesn't lose those battles. Hell, Murray wanted Frolov to be a checker half the seaosn, and Frolov did it. I don't remember hearing that criticism of Frolov, and its not as if anyone is hesitant to criticize Frolov. I really just think its how often he brings that game to ice, and subsuquently questioning his attitude that would cause him to treat what DL sees as all out war as a non-chalant chess game.

I also just don't agree that Frolov doesn't play the body. Perhaps more often then not he will stick check a guy, or just strip the puck from him, but only because he excels at it so highly and it works. He doesn't shy away from taking the body, and when someone takes the body to him, he doesn't back down, like Purcell does.

Case in point:

Last edited by JDM: 08-13-2009 at 12:12 AM.