View Single Post
Old
08-13-2009, 12:57 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
I think I might have Glenn Hall at the bottom of my list again. At least there's an argument for Terry Sawchuk as the #4 goalie of all time based on his peak and playoff success. Hall is basically Brodeur with less playoff success and less competition for regular season awards. Hopefully they are both up next round, so I can make a long comparison between the two. (I can do so now if anyone really thinks it would be helpful, but I don't want to make an annoyingly long post about a guy not up for voting yet).

I'm obviously open to being convinced otherwise.

Edit: And when thinking about Sawchuk vs. Hall, I keep coming back to the fact that Detroit gave up on Hall and brought Sawchuk (already known by them as an alcoholic) back after back to back playoff failures... gave up Sawchuk because they knew he was starting to hit the bottle too hard, but felt forced to bring him back because Hall couldn't cut it...

Yes, Hall has the one Smythe, but we all know that was a pity award for keeping the 4 straight games his expansion team lost in the finals close...

Sawchuk was very good in the 67 playoffs in his last hurrah with the Leafs.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 08-13-2009 at 01:14 AM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote