View Single Post
Old
08-13-2009, 03:07 AM
vlady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I had the opportunity to watch SVK-RUS U18 today; thanks for the link SlovakiaForever. Obviously they were no match for Russia, but it was nice being able to watch Marincin and Jurco play. I liked Dominik Simcak, he had some skills. On the other side Kiril Kabanov, Stanislav Galiev, and Bogdan Potekhin impressed.

Hard to judge this team losing 7-1 to Russia one day after beating Finland 7-2. Perhaps a 7-1 loss to Russia should be looked at as a marked improvement over a 14-0 loss. Didn`t understand the coach calling a 30 second timeout with 15 seconds left.
yeah, I had no idea the games were on huste. I watched a part of the Russian game too. I turned it on just when we had to kill off a 5 minute penalty with another 2 minute penalty in the middle. So I havent seen us in the offensive zone for at least 5 minutes. 7-1 is pretty much the usual versus the powerhouses such as Russia or Canada. it shows the true status of our junior programme. how on earth did we beat Finland 7-2 is beyond me however.