View Single Post
Old
08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
I might be in the minority (well, maybe not on HF) but I believe Sheppard will be a 25 40 guy most of his career with strong defensive play.

He was rushed and butted heads with Lemaire. He has shown flashes of a good second line center. He is strong on the puck, has a good shot and has good hockey sense. The problem I saw last year, other then the lack of confidence since he was worried about Lemaire, is he stopped moving his feet after 2 strides. When he moves his feet and stays active, he was like Koivu-lite. But, as you can see by his stats, this was not often.

Many feel he will turn into Stajan or something of that ilk. I am not saying that Stajan is a bad player but I feel it is too early to judge Sheppard as to what he will be since be was brought up so early. If he hasn't produced in two seasons from now, then I will start to re-evaluate.
Well I hope for your sakes that he doesn't turn out like Stajan. You have a new GM, coach and a more offensive system now, here's hoping he excels in the new environment.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote