View Single Post
Old
08-14-2009, 10:30 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
not expecting this to happen. dallas will ask for staal or grachev if we want richards that bad and thats where it will die. add to that the salary we have to move and the whole thing is silly.

hicks is going broke in dallas. he needs to save $$$ and taking back rozy or redden would be suicide for him. not only too expensive but who wants mike blowz-it-all on their blueline ??

also, i think we are over valuing brandon dubinsky as well. hes a nice player but hes hardly in huge demand. hes young and affordable but he hasnt done much to date to show hes going to be more than a #2 centerman at best. im afraid hicks will ask for more than just dubi and thats where slats will walk away and rightly so.

dont get me wrong, richards is a fantastic player. hes money. but hes expensive. i mean we should have just kept gomez for crying out loud. not really---- his contract is bad and its for like 100 more years...... so forget gomez.

if we can get a centerman this year- and that depends on whom we can dump rozy or redden on- then i expect, unfortunately, that we start the season with a 3rd line center- dubi- centering our elite winger and the pressure will be squarely on dubis shoulders to produce. good luck with that. im not expecting much there.

next year, we go hard after marc savard which will cost us only money and then gabby gets his #1 pivot.

until then, its gonna be #1 centerman by committee.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 08-14-2009 at 10:36 AM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote