View Single Post
Old
08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Why do we need him?

My biggest issue with Redden is his lack of intensity... He doesn't compete hard... I cringe everytime I see an odd-man rush and Redden's half-assed back-checking that results in a gentle hook from behind that does nothing to break up the play... You'd never see the guy dive to break up a play... Or take a run at someone in the crease who's slamming away at a rebound....

You'd think he'd feel guilty about makign $6+ mil a season and probably being the 4th best defenseman on the team... You'd think with any integrity that he would try and elevate other areas of his game to help compensate, like making a conscious effort to play more physical.... But nope, you see the same old same old from him.... He's undeserving of his contract and undeserving of wearing the Ranger's uniform...
Because, even though hes being paid like a #1 defenseman, and playing like a #4 or even a #5, hes still an NHL defenseman (although I dont know for how much longer if this slide in play continues). We need all the NHL caliber defenseman we can get because we only have 4 on the roster right now. Im not a big fan at all of throwing 3 or even 2 rookies into the fire that is Tort's system, which leaves defensemen hanging out to dry more often than not.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote