View Single Post
Old
08-14-2009, 11:04 AM
KWGoon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I still think you are underestimating the raises some of our youth could get over the next few years. It's that combined with the escalating salaries of Horton, Weiss, Olesz, and Allen that could make this an expensive team in a few years. Not just those 4 players' salaries themselves. If Frolik is a 60-70 pt. scorer by the end of his ELC, then he'll probably get 4-5M on his next deal. If Repik is a 20 goal scorer by the end of his deal, he probably gets around 3M. If Kulikov plays the way I think he can, he probably gets 3M. If Markstrom is a star by the end of his contract, he probably gets 3-4M. etc. etc. Of course, not all our prospects are going to pan out, but hopefully most of them will, and I don't think it's unsound to plan for the worst. If our prospects turn out like we hope they will, then we'll have an expensive team and it will only get more expensive if we try to keep everyone together. I'd rather hold onto Horton and let the chips fall where they may, but like I said I don't think it's unsound to plan for the worst either.
Basically, I agree.
1. If our young players produce so well as to earn big bucks, that will be a good problem to have.
2. Let's keep Horton around until #1 happens. Even crappy insurance is better than no insurance.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote