View Single Post
Old
08-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I do not disagree. But the criticisms of Kopitar are very similar as those Dean had of Cammalleri. Yet Cammi wasn't even offered more than $3 million/year. That is a huge difference when you consider neither player had even been to the post season when their contracts were being negotiated. As I have stated before Kopitar right now has the highest salary of any player in the NHL that has yet to participate in a post season game.
I don't remember DL every criticizing Cammi's physical shape, I always thought the guy was an absolute specimen while he was here. Built like a bull and strong for his size.

I always thought his criticism was that he wasn't a 'complete' enough player to justify his salary demands, and I tend to agree. Nothing against Cammi, I always liked the guy and he's an incredible goal scorer, but he can't carry a team. He isn't dominant, nor has he shown flashes that he can be. Kopitar has shown that already, has the tools, and the only thing he's missing is the preparation. I think that's why Kopitar got that contract.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote