View Single Post
Old
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Well... The contract was in the bag. There was little to dispute. He has all the tools to make him a top 10 player in the league and easily a top 10 center. Given his numbers over the last three years and his age, I don't think Lombardi played much of a role. He knew it was going to cost the team, and he knew he wanted that contract to be the longest, because we need him the most. Not even Dean Lombardi could have spun that deal...

Lombardi is critical of Kopitar because now he is our #1 franchise player and he needs to get his butt into gear. We bought him for the better part of the decade We have the right to be critical and to kick him in the bum if he is diddling about.
I did not say Dean had no right to criticize Kopitar. But if you publicly say he has been getting his ice time cut because of a lack of commitment then it somewhat contradicts the new contract he just signed. That would be like my boss giving me a huge raise while telling me my production is so bad that he needs to cut back my overtime.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote