08-15-2009, 01:48 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
I don't agree with that. Boucher has the size and reach to handle guys in front of the net and in the corners reasonably well. Boucher is simply a much better player than Bouillon. The devil you know..
I won't argue too much here because I thought Boucher fit in quite well when he filled in during the playoffs. He is a pretty good 7th dman and you can see his weakness once he gets in the 6 man rotation full time. That is going to happen with any 7th d-man. I think most people here just want to see Bouillon because it's a new name rather than keep someone we know we can count on if all else fails.

To be honest.. I'm with Zip here and think it just doesn't matter. I would actually just like to see Lovejoy get that spot and excel his game. I liked how he worked in the few minutes he had here in the bigs. He looked very comfortable in the defensive zone and I'd rather have more defensive d-men on the roster as a 7th man w/ dressing Gonch, Letang, and Gogliovorskie each night.

I actually think we'll be looking for a stay-at-home d-man come the trade deadline. Scuds will definitely be missed this year. Also, we better hope Orpik, McKee, and Eaton stay healthy this year or we could be really weak in the defensive zone. The way we transition quickly to offense from our breakout (especially when we send a winger to stretch the opposing defense), it's important to win our individual battles in the d-zone.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote